Moisture Control is the key to Mold Control

Mold and mildew can pose serious health risks to you, your family and your pets. Mold has been linked to respiratory problems, allergic reactions and even depression. And, even worse than the mold you can see in the corner of your shower are mold spores, the substances that come off of mold clusters. These are invisible to the naked eye and fill your indoor air with toxins. The following steps will help prevent mold and mildew from developing in your home:

 

  • When water leaks or spills occur indoors – ACT QUICKLY. If wet or damp materials or areas are dried 24-48 hours after a leak or spill happens, in most cases mold will not grow.
  • Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
  • Make sure the ground slopes away from the building foundation, so that water does not enter or collect around the foundation.
  • Keep air conditioning drip pans clean and the drain lines unobstructed and flowing properly.
  • Keep indoor humidity low. If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity.
  • If you see condensation or moisture collecting on windows, walls or pipes ACT QUICKLY to dry the wet surface and reduce the moisture/water source. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.

Have questions? Give us a call at (781) 861-6400 or email us.

Schedule Your Initial Consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Follow Us on Social Media: