If you’re planning an indoor or outdoor home improvement project using natural stone, stone veneers are an economical and practical choice. Veneers are a natural stone product – thinly cut pieces of natural stone – that afford a more uniform look. Stone veneer is easier to work with and weighs less than traditionally cut natural stone, and it offers the authentic look and warmth of a natural material. Whether you’re seeking to improve your home’s curb appeal, transform your backyard into a space to entertain family and friends, or update your home’s interior, natural stone veneer is easy to install, versatile and affordable.
Here are 10 advantages of using natural stone veneer:
- Lightweight: As an alternative to thick, bulky stone, it is lightweight and easier to work with.
- Durable: The thin layers are cut from real stone that resists weather and ultraviolet damage if used in exterior projects. Durability varies depending on the stone.
- Hard: Like durability, the hardness will vary depending on the type of stone. Granite is the hardest.
- Maintains Color: It will not fade or discolor over time. Additionally, a surface scratch or chip will reveal the same rock consistency beneath it. So scratches and chips are not easily noticeable.
- Variety: There are an abundance of colors, textures, shapes, and types of stones to choose from.
- Versatile: Veneers are adhered to the surface, making this ideal for remodeling projects.
- Customization: Veneers can be custom-cut for the thickness and face size that you want.
- Ageless Beauty: The cut maintains the beauty of the natural stone that it is cut from.
- Inexpensive: It is often called the “economic” stone because it weighs less and has a quicker production and application time.
- Low to Zero Maintenance: Exterior surfaces can be cleaned by pressure washing. And if you have a sealed product, you will periodically have to reseal it, but that’s all. It’s that simple to maintain!